New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Mode of Transport
Public transit, Carpooling, Shuttle
Type of intervention
Best Workplaces for Commuters
Yale University has nearly 33,000 students and staff and have set sustainability targets and goals and wants to be part of the transformation required to address the climate crisis. It aims to do this while providing staff and students with sustainable transportation choices and supporting their individual needs through the customized BWC program.
How BWC Helped
Yale University offers the following benefits to both students and employees, including:
- Purchasing transit passes online
- Carpoolers and transit riders can park for free up to 3 times per month
- Shuttle program
- Carpool matching and rewards
- Guaranteed ride home program
As of 2023, Yale University has been awarded the Best Workplace designation for its seventh year and as a result, since 2015, they have seen:
- Their transit pass program offers up to $300 in pre-tax monthly savings.
- 7% increase in the uptake of sustainable transportation modes
- Increase in remote work by 17% during the pandemic, which resulted in 15% reduction in single occupancy vehicle usage.
Most importantly, Yale University’s BWC program has helped them achieve their sustainability goals around mobility.
Source: Yale Office of Sustainability. “Yale again named a Best Workplace for Commuters.” https://sustainability.yale.edu/news/yale-again-named-best-workplace-commuters [Accessed: March 15, 2023].
Disclaimer: The information presented above is taken from the source document. pointA does not take responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information presented. Please note that pointA did not work with Yale University on their commuting program.