pointA is a non-profit that envisions sustainable transportation options for everyone. Our goal is to connect people to the places they want to go. We aim to give people and businesses transportation options that benefit the environment, the economy and the well-being of our communities. In collaboration with our funders, members and partners, we facilitate transportation demand management programs and advocate for sustainable transportation.
Our core activities include developing, launching and monitoring transportation demand management (TDM) programs for medium- to large- sized organizations. We promote a menu of options for commuters, such as transit, ride-matching, shuttle buses, vanpooling, telecommuting, cycling and walking.
Type of Position
Full time permanent (40 hours/week)
Yonge and Davisville, mostly remote
$50,000 w/ comprehensive benefits package
As soon as possible
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager will be focused on onboarding new clients and delivering programs, activities, and events to current Smart Commute and shuttle clients that encourage employees to commute more sustainably. The Program Manager should have a passion for (and preferably experience in) sustainable transportation from the demand side, as well as have strong project management, collaboration, and client service skills.
- At least 2 years of related experience in program and project management within a fast-paced work environment. Sales/client service experience is considered a strong asset.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in urban planning, environmental studies, geography, public policy, business, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer/client service skills, including presentation skills. Experience with outreaches and events are an asset.
- Strong organizational skills to manage many competing priorities and client demands at one time and capacity to both work independently and demonstrate initiative in a team environment.
- Familiarity and interest in sustainable transportation; knowledge of environmental management, urban and regional planning, and transportation demand management issues.
- Ability to work with surveys and data analysis, including calculating impact metrics for programs (e.g., GHG emissions).
- A growth mindset, and a strong passion for making a difference and helping people.
- Willingness to travel to client locations (depending on public health measures) locations across Toronto and Vaughan.
Bonus points for
- French language is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge and experience in GIS applications, such as ArcGIS.
- CAN-BIKE Level 4 or instructor training.
- A valid G-class driver’s license.
- Located in (or able to relocate to) Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area.
- Develop and monitor client workplans, contracts, and program and project delivery as part of the Smart Commute and shuttle programs. Program work could entail:
- Designing, planning, and delivering outreach activities and events.
- Providing commuting advice to employees and members of the public.
- Applying individualized and community-based marketing across social media and other platforms in coordination with the pointA marketing and communications team as well as funders and other partners.
- Developing and delivering commuter transportation surveys and analyzing data.
- Writing reports on results for clients and recommend actions and funders to report on progress.
- Integrate pointA’s KPIs with data reporting of Smart Commute program, GHG Protocol, and accountability measures.
- Liaise with program funders and other program delivery agents to collaborate on the development and delivery of programs, projects, and activities.
- Manage staff and volunteers involved in programming and outreach initiatives.
Other duties as assigned.
What we offer
- A passionate team environment where innovative thinking and creativity are valued. Our workspace is open and collaborative even while fully remote.
- Fully remote work environment with opportunities to work close to your home.
- Flexible hours and work arrangements.
- Competitive vacation and benefits package.
Please submit your cover letter (addressed to Donald Wiedman, Senior Program Manager) and resume in a single PDF by Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT. Email your package to email@example.com.
Our team works mostly remotely, with some time spent in a general office environment with sit/stand desks. Work hours will be scheduled between 8am-6pm, Monday through Friday, with flexible work hours and work from home policies in place.
pointA welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds, including people with disabilities. If you require accommodations during the application process, you can contact Kelly Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 647-920-3751.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.