pointA is a non-profit that envisions sustainable transportation options for everyone. Our goal is to connect people to the places they want to go. We aim to give people and businesses transportation options that benefit the environment, the economy and the well-being of our communities. In collaboration with our funders, members and partners, we facilitate transportation demand management programs and advocate for sustainable transportation.
Our core activities include developing, launching and monitoring transportation demand management (TDM) programs for medium- to large- sized organizations. We promote a menu of options for commuters, such as transit, ride-matching, shuttle buses, vanpooling, telecommuting, cycling and walking.
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 plus benefits
Position type: Full time (40 hours/week)
Location: Yonge and Sheppard; currently remote due to COVID-19
Start date: September 7, 2021 or earliest availability
Apply by: Sunday, August 22 at 11:59 p.m.
Manage program development & delivery
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and Programs team to manage sales process, recruit potential clients, and onboard them into pointA’s programs.
- Develop and monitor client workplans, contracts, and program and project delivery as part of the Smart Commute and shuttle programs. Program work could entail:
- Designing, planning, and delivering outreach activities and events.
- Providing commuting advice to employees and members of the public.
- Applying individualized and community-based marketing across social media and other platforms in coordination with the pointA marketing and communications team as well as funders and other partners.
- Developing and delivering commuter transportation surveys and analyzing data.
- Writing reports on results for clients and recommend actions and funders to report on progress.
- Liaise with program funders and other program delivery agents to collaborate on the development and delivery of programs, projects, and activities.
- Manage staff and volunteers involved in programming and outreach initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of related experience in program and project management. Sales experience is considered a strong asset.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in urban planning, environmental studies, geography, public policy, business, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer/client service skills, including presentation skills. Experience with outreaches and events are an asset.
- Strong organizational skills to manage many competing priorities and client demands at one time and capacity to both work independently and demonstrate initiative in a team environment.
- Familiarity and interest in sustainable transportation; knowledge of environmental management, urban and regional planning, and transportation demand management issues.
- A growth mindset, and a strong passion for making a difference and helping people.
- Willingness to travel to client locations (depending on public health measures) locations across Toronto and Vaughan.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge and experience in GIS applications, such as ArcGIS.
- CAN-BIKE Level 4 or instructor training.
- A valid G-class driver’s license.
What we offer
- We are a small, passionate team where innovative thinking and creativity are valued. You’ll have the opportunity to directly make an impact on the operations of the organization.
- An open and collaborative team who is passionate about making positive change
- Flexible hours and work arrangements.
- Competitive vacation and benefits package.
Please address your cover letter to Stewart Slaymaker, Senior Program Manager.
Please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com no later than Sunday, August 22, 2021 by 11:59 PM EST, with the job title ‘Program Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Currently staff work remotely from home during the pandemic. Post-pandemic, you will be working in a general office environment with sit/stand desks. Work hours will be scheduled between 8am-6pm, Monday through Friday, with flexible work hours and work from home policies in place.
pointA welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the application process, please contact Sivan Alshek at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-920-3751.
Our office is located on the fourth floor, which is accessible by elevator or by stairs. The front doors of the building open electronically. Our office and the washrooms in the building do not have electric door openers. There are no gender-neutral washrooms in the building.
We are located two blocks from Sheppard-Yonge subway station. There is pay-per-use parking next to the building.
We are happy to answer any specific questions about the accessibility of our office and/or the building that we are in and will do our best to ensure that our building’s limitations do not prevent you from accessing our full suite of services. Please contact us if you have questions, concerns or require any accommodations.