Business Development Officer
Position Type: Short Contract (8 weeks) 35 hours per week
Start Date: July 6, 2020
End Date: August 28, 2020
Hourly Compensation: $15
Location: Yonge and Sheppard
pointA is a non-profit that envisions sustainable transportation options for everyone. Our goal is to connect people to the places they want to go. We aim to give people and businesses transportation options that benefit the environment, the economy and the well-being of our communities. In collaboration with our funders, members and partners, we facilitate transportation demand management programs and advocate for sustainable transportation.
Our core activities include developing, launching and monitoring TDM programs for medium- to large- sized organizations. We promote a menu of options for commuters, such as transit, ride-matching, shuttle buses, vanpooling, telecommuting, cycling and walking.
The business development officer will focus on recruiting new clients to our sustainable transportation programs, particularly the Smart Commute program and our multi-property shuttle program. Their responsibilities will be as follows:
- Data analysis using customer feedback, census data, and other data sources
- Conduct market research to identify new clients and opportunities
- Writing content for social media, blog, newsletter
- Assist the programs team in developing relationships with new clients
- Report on progress at weekly team meetings
The business development officer’s role is vital to the success of pointA and is best suited to an energetic, positive self-starter with the following qualifications:
- Background/interest in sustainable transportation and environmental impacts, urban and regional planning, and/or transportation demand management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Well-organized with demonstrated ability to manage time
- Strong interpersonal skills; professionalism in working with a variety of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds
- Capacity to work independently and demonstrate initiative in a team environment
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In accordance with our funding, the successful applicant must be a person who:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- has a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and is legally entitled to work in Canada according to relevant Ontario legislation and regulations.
Please note that international students are not eligible for this position.
Depending on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be required to work from home. Otherwise, you may be working in a general office environment with sit/stand desks. Work hours will be scheduled between 8am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
You can find accessibility information about our office on our website: https://pointa.ca/contact/
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com no later than June 15, 2020.
pointA welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
pointA is seeking volunteer writers to create content for our blog.
- Approximately 500 – 800 words per blog post
- Posts must discuss aspects of sustainable transportation, such as tips, personal experiences or reviews (e.g. review transit apps, cycling routes in the GTA, etc.)
- Sustainable transportation includes any of the following modes of transportation: public transit, cycling, walking, carpooling, vanpooling, employee shuttles
Examples of past blog posts include:
- How Bike Share Toronto Changed my Life
- Our Favourite Bike Routes in Toronto and the GTHA
- How to Boost Your Step Count This Spring
- Re-Learning to Cycle as an Adult
- Ability to create engaging, well-written content
- Interest in sustainable transportation
How to Apply
Please send your blog post ideas to Lauren McVittie, Marketing and Communications Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Volunteer Writer.’
pointA welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds, including people with disabilities. If you require accommodations during the application process, you can contact Kelly Bray at email@example.com or at 647-920-3751