How we use the information you provide us
Your privacy is very important to us. The information you provide to pointA and its employees including, but not limited to, your name, your organization’s name and contact information (phone number, email, address), the nature of your business including business challenges faced, the number of employees and their work responsibilities and working agreements, any vendor or client information, and financial information shared collected through third-party registration forms (e.g., GoToWebinar, Eventbrite, JotForm, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, Stripe), email, phone, video conference, or in any other written or oral format while working with us, will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used for the following express purposes:
- To offer you advice or information for transitioning to remote work;
- To better understand your current working arrangements, including that of employees;
- To register you for webinars, consultations, or to make appointments with us;
- To register you for email reminders, pointA newsletters (if applicable), or third party emails sent by pointA (e.g., reminder emails sent from Eventbrite).
- Overall reporting of impact of remote work webinar attendance and consultations, including generating an overall profile of pointA’s customer base. Only high-level, total or cumulative data will be presented.
How we keep your information safe
To ensure that your data is kept private, we undertake a number of security measures in the handling and storage of your data. Data that are collected by pointA in the manners expressed above will be stored and kept in the following ways:
- Behind password protected, third party platforms such as GoToWebinar, Eventbrite, JotForm, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, and Stripe.
- Stored in pointA’s file system (Sharepoint, Google, Microsoft Office), all of which are password protected.
- Any hardcopies that are produced such as contracts will be stored in a locked filing cabinet that is only accessible by the Executive Director at the pointA office.
- Handwritten notes taken during the course of any conversation with you will be anonymized. Notebooks by pointA employees are the property of pointA and will be kept in the pointA office and not to be taken out of the office.
Asking for additional express consent
Information that is captured and would be used for any other purposes other than stated above will require pointA to ask for express consent and permission in written format.
No information is sold or given to third parties without permission
We do not sell or give the information you provide us to any other organization for marketing purposes without your permission. Any financial information disclosed to us will remain confidential.
pointA adheres to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) where applicable.
Questions, concerns, and withdrawing consent