How to get certified
Step 1: Check Your Score
Provide your workplace information to determine how many of the BWC requirements your organization has met and the minimum investment to achieve all requirements.
Step 2: Get Certified
To qualify for certification, work with pointA to determine which of the following transportation benefits are best suited for your workplace.
*Primary (Choose 1)
*Secondary (Choose 3)
Support (Select all)
Step 3: Get Recognized
BWC Members that meet the Standard of Excellence, offering high level commuter benefits, will exclusively receive:
- International public recognition for being commuter-friendly and socially responsible.
- Employer name included on National List Release during January of each year.
- Downloadable certificate to display your elite status year round.
- Free Commuter Choice Certificate for one person per worksite ($250 USD value).
Access to Tools & Resources
- Access to the BWC online members portal, including promotional tools, webinars, and more.
- Receive a discount on the Social Marketing in Transportation Certificate.
- Free for members only, BWC Commuter Benefits Guide for Employers eBook ($50 USD value).
- Research and benchmarking tools
- Web-based tools to help you calculate the overall financial, environmental, and traffic improvements associated with your commuter benefits.
Meet Industry Experts
- Web conferences and training to help you implement commuter benefits.
- Networking opportunities with peers and experts in the field to exchange ideas and learn new strategies.
questions? Unsure about your score?
Schedule a quick call today
We can help you determine your score and base investment to get you on the road to certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
While pointA works with your organization to fulfill the requirements for certification, we can never guarantee certification as the final review is conducted by the Center for Urban Transportation Research at the University of South Florida, which manages the BWC program in the United States.
In the event that you do not receive your certification, we will work with your organization towards achieving certification the following year. Your organization will still benefit from having customized commuting solutions for your employees.
We work with your organization to determine which of the BWC requirements you should fulfill that align with your needs, budget, and timeline. pointA will work with you to deliver the commuting solutions and complete the BWC application between June 1 and November 30 every year.
To qualify, you will need to offer 1 benefit from the primary benefits, 3 from the secondary benefits, and all of the supports. See Step 2 for more information.
As a non-profit, we are a fee-for-service organization and therefore pricing varies depending on the BWC requirement mix that works best for your organization and the number of employees.
Ultimately, we work to keep our fees reasonable for organizations and work within your budget.
To calculate your base investment please visit Step 1.
Yes, you will need to qualify for BWC every year and submit an application between June 1 and November 30 every year.
Please note that fees may be lower in subsequent years once the program is set up.
Not unless you want to or all of your employees would need the same benefit. Instead, pointA always conducts an assessment to determine how many of your employees would need the benefit based on how they get to work. This ensures that the benefit is used.
Ultimately, our goal is to design a BWC program that would provide coverage for all of your employees, regardless of how they commute to/from work.
First, congrats! We’re so glad you received certification.
Going forward, pointA will work with you on the delivery of the BWC program and you can now showcase your BWC badge, whether that’s on your website, recruiting materials, or in your office. There are also many benefits that you can now access through the BWC portal.